Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the latest innovations and technology that were on show at the Outdoor Retailer trade show, Gap's decision to close its Piperlime fashion brand, and Canadian men's wear firm Kanati Co to pull out of Pakistan over supply chain issues.
Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on the rise
Innovation in materials and performance in the outdoor apparel and footwear category is on the increase as enthusiasm for technology grows, a recent industry conference highlighted.
Gap to close Piperlime division
US clothing giant Gap is to close its Piperlime fashion brand in order to focus on its core portfolio.
Kanati pulls out of Pakistan over supply chain issues
Canadian men's wear company Kanati Co says continued disruption to its production in Pakistan has forced it to pull out of the country and bring its entire manufacturing back home.
COMMENT: 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
A new fashion consumer with new values and new connectivity is redefining fashion - and the industry is responding with new business models structured around customer demand. Here new fashion consumer Emma Birnbaum writes about the new fashion consumer.
Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
Hanesbrands is investing US$1.5m in the expansion and improvement of its Clarksville, Arkansas, sheer hosiery plant to take the place of offshore outsourcing.?
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective