Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include fresh inspections taking place in Bangladesh's garment factories in the wake of the Nepal earthquake, a survey reveals few apparel players have concrete plans to source from Africa, and just-style launches its Global Sourcing Snapshots.
UPDATE: Nepal earthquake prompts Bangladesh factory checks
Fresh inspections are being carried out on a number of ready-made garment factories in Bangladesh following the powerful earthquake that shook neighbouring Nepal on Saturday (25 April).
SOURCING: Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
Interest in sourcing apparel from sub-Saharan Africa might be on the rise, yet the results of new survey suggest few players currently have concrete plans to tap into its potential.
Indian industry mulling Vietnam textile park?
India is looking at the possibility of setting up a textile park in Vietnam in a move that could boost trade and investment in man-made fibres and fabric between the two countries.
DENIM DAYS: New technologies transforming production
Behind every innovative item of clothing is likely to be an innovative technology. Coupled with the drive towards a more sustainable supply chain, some exciting new developments are emerging, from ozone and laser technology to nanobubbles and odour prevention - all of which were presented at this month's Amsterdam Denim Days event.
SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launched
Apparel sourcing is in a constant state of flux, with retailers, brands and importers continually striving to find the right balance between a range of complex factors including location, logistics, lead-time, costs, productivity, compliance and reliability.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack