Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include Quiksilver filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the US, Greenpeace urging outdoor brand to eliminate all PFCs from their supply chains, and Nicaragua seeking $160m to build a synthetic textiles manufacturing base to help double exports.
Quiksilver files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in US
Ailing surf-led fashion business Quiksilver has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy for its US subsidiaries.
Greenpeace targets outdoor brands over PFCs
Outdoor brands and retailers are being urged to eliminate all PFCs from their products and supply chains after the chemicals were discovered in remote regions around the world.
Nicaragua seeks textile investments to grow exports
Nicaragua is seeking $160m to build a synthetic textiles manufacturing base to help double exports to $2bn in five years and offset TPL losses, government officials have told just-style.
H&M tackles animal welfare in its supply chain
Swedish apparel giant H&M is teaming up with animal welfare organisation Humane Society International to improve animal welfare in its supply chain as well as the wider fashion industry.
Primark buying teams mitigate currency impact
Value fashion giant Primark expects full-year sales to jump 13% thanks to the addition of new store space, but says its profit margin is likely to be lower due to increased markdowns and the impact of a stronger US dollar.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
US-based cloud softwear provider Infor has partnered with US footwear retailer DSW Inc to deliver a back-office transformation for DSW and a new converged commerce application for modern retailing....
In the most recent second-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Tailored Brands showed improvement on Q1 but saw earnings slide, while DSW booked mixed results. Abercrombi...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include M&S cutting around 525 head office jobs, El Salvador launching a 15-year growth strategy, US apparel imports for the month of July, and a look at ...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack