Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how C&A's overhaul of its fit and product development processes is paying dividends, Uniqlo and Toray ink a new sourcing deal aimed at reducing lead times and optimising production, and Cambodia approves a draft union law despite criticism.
C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
If proof was needed of the link between consistent garment size and fit and its impact on top-line growth, then look no further than European value fashion retailer C&A – where a 10-month overhaul of fit and product development processes is already paying dividends. Involving the supply base as early as possible has also been one of the keys to success.
Uniqlo and Toray expand global sourcing deal
Fast Retailing-owned casual clothing brand Uniqlo has inked a new five-year sourcing deal with Japanese textile maker Toray Industries in a move aimed at reducing lead times, optimising production and "creating a new industry centered on the future".
Cambodia approves draft union law amid criticism
Cambodia's government is moving forward in adopting a controversial law on trade unions, despite opposition from labour rights groups and garment manufacturers.
Clothing sector helps China to green its growth
A conference on sustainability staged by Hong Kong-based textile and apparel giant Esquel Group has heard how China is making serious efforts to green its growth – and the clothing and textile sector is playing its part.
Myanmar elections spark industry optimism and concern
Apparel and footwear makers in Myanmar believe the country's anticipated transfer of power to the opposition next March should attract more foreign investment, but there are also concerns that future liberalisation will attract tough overseas competition.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd (FRC) enjoyed strong growth over 2010-2015, underpinned by market-defying success in its native Japan, and aggressive store openings in Asia Pacific and especially Japan. Its Uni...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how Fast Retailing has invested US$3.8m in a joint venture to increase production of seamless knitwear, the first fall in the internet's...
Footwear in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative information including: market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of th...
Footwear in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative information including: market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains description...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report