Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the news that Austin Reed has been acquired by Alteri Investors, a new worker training tool launched in China, and a new transparency index reveals a large number of global apparel companies are still operating with little knowledge or control of their supply chains.
Austin Reed snapped up by Alteri Investors
UK clothing retailer Austin Reed Group has been acquired by retail restructuring firm Alteri Investors for an undisclosed sum.
New factory worker training tool launches in China
A digital training tool designed to educate garment workers about their rights and responsibilities is being rolled out across 50 factories in China, including those used by fashion and sportswear brands including Lindex, Filippa K, MQ and Intersport.
Supply chain transparency index tracks fashion brands
A large number of global apparel companies are still operating with little knowledge or control of their supply chains according to a new transparency index that monitors and ranks high street clothing brands – with Levi Strauss, Inditex (Zara) and H&M coming out on top for their efforts.
Apparel gets smarter with deal to digitise 10bn items
In what is being billed as the world's largest Internet of Things (IoT) deal to "switch on" the apparel and footwear industry, plans are underway to create unique item-level digital identities for 10bn products at the point of manufacture – providing new opportunities for consumer engagement and supply chain visibility.
China agrees to end prohibited export subsidies
China has agreed to end a massive and complex programme of export subsidies on a range of products including textiles, apparel and footwear.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022