Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the news that retailer BHS filed for adminstration, Hanesbrands acquired Australia's leading underwear firm Pacific Brands, a look at the last three years since the Rana Plaza disaster, and an interview with Guido Schlossmann, the CEO at low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide.
BHS "lacks relevance" as it files for administration
A lack of modernisation, an unclear brand identity and a rapidly evolving competitive landscape have driven the collapse of UK retailer BHS after 88 years trading.
Hanesbrands to buy Australia's Pacific Brands for $800m
Hanesbrands, one of the world's largest underwear and activewear apparel manufacturers, has acquired Australia's leading underwear and intimates firm Pacific Brands in an US$800m deal.
Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
An apparel industry at a crossroads and an intertwined network of challenges and opportunities are among the issues facing Guido Schlossmann as he takes the helm of low-cost fast fashion sourcing specialist Synergies Worldwide. Unravelling this complexity requires a new, more global and integrated look at the industry, he tells just-style.
First figures show Bangladesh exports climb in 2015
Bangladesh's garment exports have continued to grow at a steady pace despite the country's image taking a hit following the Tazreen and Rana Plaza disasters – with the EU, Canada and the US all increasing imports in the last year.
Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
Just days before the third anniversary of the Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh, just-style looks at the changes that have been made to improve worker and building safety within the country's ready-made garment industry. While progress has undoubtedly been made, questions remain about the speed of remediation if all parties involved are to leave their legacy of safer factories in 2018.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective