Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the role of the supply chain manager, a downgrade for troubled US fashion retailer Gap, and Marks & Spencer's move to simplify its management structure to drive speedier decision making.
Gap downgraded to junk status as mulls streamlining
US specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has been downgraded to junk status by Fitch Ratings in the latest of a series of woes for the company, which earlier this week warned about slumping sales in its first quarter and steps to streamline its business.
The decline and fall of the supply chain manager
The role of the middleman has become far greater and more important than ever before, with responsibility beginning before the onset of the supply chain and continuing long after its end – as David Birnbaum explains.
PVH prepares for Ethiopia production
US clothing giant PVH Corp, owner of the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands, will begin manufacturing its clothing products in Ethiopia this summer, just-style has learnt.
M&S simplifies management for speedier decisions
Marks & Spencer has made a number of changes to its management structure in order to drive "speedier decision making", including the formation of an operating committee to oversee business development and strategy.
US apparel imports fall by one-fifth in March
Apparel imports into the US took a massive double-digit downward turn in March, with China – the US's largest supplier – recording the biggest declines of nearly 40% from the year before.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020