Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the role of the supply chain manager, a downgrade for troubled US fashion retailer Gap, and Marks & Spencer's move to simplify its management structure to drive speedier decision making.
Gap downgraded to junk status as mulls streamlining
US specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has been downgraded to junk status by Fitch Ratings in the latest of a series of woes for the company, which earlier this week warned about slumping sales in its first quarter and steps to streamline its business.
The decline and fall of the supply chain manager
The role of the middleman has become far greater and more important than ever before, with responsibility beginning before the onset of the supply chain and continuing long after its end – as David Birnbaum explains.
PVH prepares for Ethiopia production
US clothing giant PVH Corp, owner of the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands, will begin manufacturing its clothing products in Ethiopia this summer, just-style has learnt.
M&S simplifies management for speedier decisions
Marks & Spencer has made a number of changes to its management structure in order to drive "speedier decision making", including the formation of an operating committee to oversee business development and strategy.
US apparel imports fall by one-fifth in March
Apparel imports into the US took a massive double-digit downward turn in March, with China – the US's largest supplier – recording the biggest declines of nearly 40% from the year before.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022