Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the role of the supply chain manager, a downgrade for troubled US fashion retailer Gap, and Marks & Spencer's move to simplify its management structure to drive speedier decision making.
Gap downgraded to junk status as mulls streamlining
US specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has been downgraded to junk status by Fitch Ratings in the latest of a series of woes for the company, which earlier this week warned about slumping sales in its first quarter and steps to streamline its business.
The decline and fall of the supply chain manager
The role of the middleman has become far greater and more important than ever before, with responsibility beginning before the onset of the supply chain and continuing long after its end – as David Birnbaum explains.
PVH prepares for Ethiopia production
US clothing giant PVH Corp, owner of the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein brands, will begin manufacturing its clothing products in Ethiopia this summer, just-style has learnt.
M&S simplifies management for speedier decisions
Marks & Spencer has made a number of changes to its management structure in order to drive "speedier decision making", including the formation of an operating committee to oversee business development and strategy.
US apparel imports fall by one-fifth in March
Apparel imports into the US took a massive double-digit downward turn in March, with China – the US's largest supplier – recording the biggest declines of nearly 40% from the year before.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective