Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how M&S plans to revamp its clothing business amid falling sales, criticism of Gap Inc for labour abuses at supplier factories, and a report on how yarn-forward rules of origin may weigh on Vietnam's potential under the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal.
How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
The new boss at British high street giant Marks & Spencer has set out his plans to turn around the retailer's key clothing division by lowering prices and improving style, fit and quality – after the troubled unit saw like-for-like sales slump 2.9% over the past year.
Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
US speciality fashion giant Gap Inc has told just-style it is collaborating with unions, governments and industry associations to improve working conditions in the factories that make its clothes after a study found violations at suppliers in India, Indonesia and Cambodia.
Adidas Speedfactory gears up for large-scale production
German sportswear giant Adidas is gearing up to begin large-scale footwear production next year at its "industry-changing" Speedfactory facility in Germany – and plans to extend the concept to the US.
Yarn-forward rules may weigh on Vietnam's TPP potential
While Vietnam is likely to see some of the biggest apparel export gains from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a new report confirms industry concerns that its shortfall in yarn and fabric production, ability to meet yarn-forward rules of origin, capacity constraints and related price effects could all weigh on its potential.
Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
Footwear is expected to be one of the clear winners when it comes to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement, with significant gains seen in both US imports and exports.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar