Top stories this week on just-style...
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at why no other countries will step into China's shoes as the world's leading apparel exporter, how Ralph Lauren is adapting its business model to achieve a faster supply chain, M&S's new commitments under its Plan A sustainability programme, and how to reduce risk in the apparel supply chain.
The Flanarant – Why no other countries will step into China's shoes
There's no doubt China faces a number of challenges, ranging from slowing economic growth to growing retail competition and – in March at least – a massive drop in year-on-year exports to the US. Continuing to expect the Chinese to rise to the challenge, Mike Flanagan takes a closer look at why nowhere else is ready to exploit the opportunities.
Faster supply chain is key to Ralph Lauren turnaround
An overhaul of its supply chain is at the heart of restructuring plans revealed this week by Ralph Lauren's newly-appointed CEO Stefan Larsson, including a new test pipeline, shorter lead times, reduced inventory and a focus on fewer styles and more on-trend merchandise.
New track and trace tool for supply chain transparency
A new software tool has been developed to help track and trace garments and the materials used to make them, taking the sector closer to a closed loop supply chain.
M&S publishes human rights report and supply chain map
Marks & Spencer has published its first supply chain map for clothing and its first human rights report as part of the retailer's ethical commitments detailed in its first Plan A update under new CEO Steve Rowe.
Reducing risk in the apparel supply chain
Preparation, preparation and more preparation are key if brands and retailers are to reduce risk in their supply chains. We take a look at how to mitigate those risks, including the need for detailed planning to help avoid disruptions, the hidden costs of emerging sourcing locations, and how software can help improve supply chain visibility.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack