Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the sourcing trends and strategies of US fashion firms, Primark's continued expansion in the US, the top ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets, and barriers to remediation in Bangladesh's RMG sector.
US fashion firms share sourcing trends and strategies
Concerns about market competition in the United States have for the first time surpassed worries about rising production and sourcing costs, according to the latest five-year outlook for the US fashion industry. The 'China Plus Many' model, growth in Vietnam ahead of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and new sourcing destinations like Myanmar and Cuba are also covered.
Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
The global apparel and footwear industry grew by 5% in value last year, according to new research, with the internet, sportswear and fast fashion players contributing to the gains.
Columbia rain jacket "a milestone in sustainability"
Columbia Sportswear has unveiled what it believes is the first high-performance environmentally-friendly rain jacket made without the use of perflourinated compounds, commonly referred to as PFCs.
Primark continues US expansion with third store
British value fashion retailer Primark has opened its third US store in the north east of the country as the fashion retail giant looks to build its presence stateside.
Cost is biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
High interest rates, a lack of financial literacy and an unwillingness among factory managers are proving to be the main barriers to obtaining remediation financing in Bangladesh's Ready Made Garment (RMG) sector, a new study has shown.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016