Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the sourcing trends and strategies of US fashion firms, Primark's continued expansion in the US, the top ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets, and barriers to remediation in Bangladesh's RMG sector.
US fashion firms share sourcing trends and strategies
Concerns about market competition in the United States have for the first time surpassed worries about rising production and sourcing costs, according to the latest five-year outlook for the US fashion industry. The 'China Plus Many' model, growth in Vietnam ahead of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and new sourcing destinations like Myanmar and Cuba are also covered.
Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
The global apparel and footwear industry grew by 5% in value last year, according to new research, with the internet, sportswear and fast fashion players contributing to the gains.
Columbia rain jacket "a milestone in sustainability"
Columbia Sportswear has unveiled what it believes is the first high-performance environmentally-friendly rain jacket made without the use of perflourinated compounds, commonly referred to as PFCs.
Primark continues US expansion with third store
British value fashion retailer Primark has opened its third US store in the north east of the country as the fashion retail giant looks to build its presence stateside.
Cost is biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
High interest rates, a lack of financial literacy and an unwillingness among factory managers are proving to be the main barriers to obtaining remediation financing in Bangladesh's Ready Made Garment (RMG) sector, a new study has shown.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack