Top stories this week on just-style...
The news that dominated just-style's headlines this week was the tragic and fatal terroist attack in Bangladesh that left 20 dead and the country's key garment industry in turmoil. Other most-read stories included a look at how to navigate the production approval process and US apparel imports for the month of May.
Terrorist attack "a tipping point" for Bangladesh?
A fatal terrorist attack in the Bangladeshi capital at the weekend has left the country's key garment industry in turmoil, with buyers rethinking travel plans and potential economic fallout for a sector reliant on foreign investment.
How to navigate the production approval process
The production approval process is the most critical but least acknowledged link in the entire apparel supply chain. Yet the keys to achieving a more efficient, proactive process are not only connectivity and communication – but also empowerment and delegation, according to a new report from just-style.
US forced labour ban requires apparel supply chain scrutiny
Renewed interest in a US law banning the entry of imported goods made with forced or indentured labour requires manufacturers, US importers, brands and retailers to scrutinise their supply chains, writes Brenda A Jacobs of Sidley Austin LLP, a Washington DC based international trade lawyer and licensed customs broker.
just-style's latest management briefing takes a look at how to set up a sustainable supply chain, financing the ethical supply chain, whether shorter supply chains are key to sustainability, and whether fast fashion is at odds with sustainability.
US apparel imports bounce back in May
Apparel imports into the US bounced back in May, with over half of the top-ten supplier countries booking growth. Indonesia led the field with a double-digit increase, while Vietnam saw a reversal from its decline last month.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020