Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the likely impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam, the opening of Ethiopia's flagship industrial park in Hawassa city, and confirmation that US department store group Sears Holdings Corp is to close its Manhattan apparel and design office.
TPP tariff phase-out can steer Vietnam sourcing plans
A close look at the Trans-Pacific Partnership's tariff phase-out schedule on US textile and apparel imports from Vietnam can guide sourcing decisions and investment strategies in the years ahead, according to Dr Sheng Lu, assistant professor at the Department of Fashion and Apparel Studies at the University of Delaware.
Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
Ethiopia's flagship industrial park in Hawassa city, south of the capital Addis Ababa, opened last week, with facilities dedicated solely to the textile and apparel sector.
Sears Holdings shutters New York apparel design office
US department store group Sears Holdings Corp has confirmed its Manhattan apparel and design office will close today (15 July), as part of the retailer's plans to consolidate its apparel operations.
Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
Bangladesh has been denied re-entry into the US Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) trade programme for a third year, despite the country's insistence it has made progress in boosting worker rights and improving workplace safety.
VF Corp confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
US clothing giant VF Corp, owner of The North Face and Timberland brands, has expressed confidence the company is building a "solid roadmap" for sustainability as it continues to make strides on its renewable energy goals.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022