Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how the competitive distance between Inditex and its fast-fashion peers is continuing to widen, the secrets of success of the fast fashion model, a proposed wage freeze on Vietnam's textile and apparel industry, and the implications of the Brexit vote on the global apparel industry.
Why Inditex is "clear winner" in the fast fashion space
Spanish retail giant Inditex, owner of the Zara brand, is the clear winner in the fast fashion space, analysts believe, with the competitive distance between the company and its peers continuing to increase thanks to its efficient business model.
Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
The fast fashion model, in all its guises, is ensuring some retailers thrive in spite of challenging market conditions. Here, Bob McKee, industry strategy director, Infor Fashion, takes a closer look at some of the secrets of its success.
Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
Vietnam's textile and apparel industry says it expects to miss its export target in 2016 due to slowing consumer demand and increased competition – and has proposed a freeze on wages to address the issues.
Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
It is likely to be at least two years before the global apparel industry fully understands the implications of last month's vote by the UK to sever ties with the European Union (EU), according to a new survey carried out by just-style.
Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
Fibre firm Teijin is to roll out its new extra-soft polyester hook-and-loop fastener globally after test-marketing it in Japan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack