Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at several severe threats facing Bangladesh's garment industry, the addition of a former VF Corp executive to lead Under Armour's global sourcing, and feedback on the immediate impact the UK's Brexit vote has had on the British clothing industry.
Vietnam investing $300m to develop garment hub
Vietnam's central Thua Thien-Hue Province is understood to be investing more than VND6.6trn (US$295m) on transforming itself into a textile and garment hub. The move is part of plans for the province's 2016-2020 period, and will focus on developing the domestic market as well as expanding export markets; the latter being a driving force for the sector's development, according to local reports.
The Flanarant – Bangladesh must face up to new industry threats
In late June and early July, Bangladesh's garment industry was hit by a number of new long-term threats. But the industry's leaders appear unaware of the real severity these threats posed to their viability, writes Mike Flanagan.
Under Armour taps VF Corp exec to top sourcing role
Performance footwear and apparel brand Under Armour is continuing to add new executives to its team, including former VF Corp executive Colin Browne as president of global sourcing.
H&M and Zara top European multichannel retailers
Swedish fast fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), Inditex-owned fashion brand Zara, and global sports and leisure goods retailer Decathlon have all been named among the top 500 European multichannel retailers.
British fashion industry already feeling Brexit impact
One month after the UK's Brexit referendum vote to leave the European Union (EU), the British clothing industry has been weighing up the immediate impact and trying to assess what might happen in advance of any longer-term trade solution.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack