Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how 3D-printing has a long way to go before it has the potential to impact apparel, how Obama is moving forward with the TPP trade deal and how H&M should fight off competition from the likes of Primark.
3D-printing has already transformed the manufacturing process in many industries, but an assessment of the technology by analysts at Bernstein Research seems to suggest much more progress still needs to be made before it has the potential to impact apparel?
The White House has submitted a draft Statement of Administrative Action giving Congress 30-day notification that it plans to present legislation implementing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal.
With 29,000 visitors and 1626 exhibitors, this year's Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, which took place earlier this month in Salt Lake City, had its usual upbeat vibe. But there were signs that the outdoor industry is feeling the effects of 2016's "winter of our discontent," along with several retail bankruptcies, stock market disruptions in China, and the Brexit uncertainty in Europe.
Swedish fashion giant Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) will continue to experience margin pressure from the rise of low-priced rivals such as Primark unless it can elevate its sales and customer perception above value apparel, analysts believe.
There are few things worse in the apparel business than developing and manufacturing a great product that can't find its way to the retail floor because it's stuck in customs with a labelling issue. Here J Anthony Hardenburgh, VP, global content, Amber Road, unravels some of the rules and regulations of what needs to be said – and how.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack