Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at why a lack of e-commerce is impacting value fashion retailer Primark, how Nike is gearing towards digital design to push sales, and stalling apparel export growth in Vietnam.
Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
A warm winter and a cold spring have been blamed for a fall in sales at value fashion retailer Primark. But its lack of e-commerce also leaves it without the flexibility to highlight more transitional ranges and weather appropriate collections online, according to Bernadette Kissane, senior analyst for apparel and footwear at Euromonitor International.
How better factory conditions help boost the bottom line
A link has been established between improved working conditions in the apparel industry and a resulting boost to factory competitiveness – but the sourcing practices of global buyers remains one of the biggest challenges to progress.
Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
Nike is speeding up its move from traditional manufacturing to digital design as part of a strategy by the US sportswear giant to push apparel and footwear innovation and grow sales.
H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
Swedish fashion retailer H&M has again been criticised over the working conditions at some of its "best in class" supplier factories in Cambodia.
Vietnam garment export growth slows as orders stall
Vietnam saw its textile and garment exports grow in the first eight months of the year but at a slower pace than the year before due to production delays and falling demand in global markets, new figures show.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020