Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at why a lack of e-commerce is impacting value fashion retailer Primark, how Nike is gearing towards digital design to push sales, and stalling apparel export growth in Vietnam.
Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
A warm winter and a cold spring have been blamed for a fall in sales at value fashion retailer Primark. But its lack of e-commerce also leaves it without the flexibility to highlight more transitional ranges and weather appropriate collections online, according to Bernadette Kissane, senior analyst for apparel and footwear at Euromonitor International.
How better factory conditions help boost the bottom line
A link has been established between improved working conditions in the apparel industry and a resulting boost to factory competitiveness – but the sourcing practices of global buyers remains one of the biggest challenges to progress.
Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
Nike is speeding up its move from traditional manufacturing to digital design as part of a strategy by the US sportswear giant to push apparel and footwear innovation and grow sales.
H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
Swedish fashion retailer H&M has again been criticised over the working conditions at some of its "best in class" supplier factories in Cambodia.
Vietnam garment export growth slows as orders stall
Vietnam saw its textile and garment exports grow in the first eight months of the year but at a slower pace than the year before due to production delays and falling demand in global markets, new figures show.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022