Top stories this week on just-style...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how Asia sourcing must raise its game amid increasing global competition, the appointment of Steve Rendle as VF Corp's next chief executive, and how global buyers are still failing to pay fair prices when sourcing from Bangladesh.
US adds Vietnam textiles and footwear to child labour list
Textiles, footwear and leather products made in Vietnam have been added to a list of goods produced using child or forced labour, compiled by the US Department of Labor (DOL).
Asia sourcing must raise its game amid global competition
Growing competition across the world for clothing sourcing contracts is seeing China not only being challenged by other countries in Asia, but by sub-Saharan African and even Russian suppliers too. And it is pushing Asian governments to sharpen their industrial policies to try to retain market share, a major international conference has heard.
World cotton prices revised again on higher production
Estimates for average cotton prices in the current season have been lowered slightly as revised forecasts suggest increased production in the US, Pakistan and Brazil will offset losses in China.
Sustainable sourcing the way forward in Bangladesh
Bangladesh's apparel makers have invested heavily in improving factory safety since the 2013 Rana Plaza disaster, but global buyers are still failing to pay fair prices and following non-transparent purchasing practices, a conference in Dhaka has heard.
VF Corp names Rendle as new CEO to succeed Wiseman
US apparel giant VF Corporation has named COO Steve Rendle as its next chief executive, succeeding Eric Wiseman who is stepping down at the beginning of next year.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020