Top stories this week on just-style...
Top stories this week on just-style include a look at why modern robotics eludes sportswear makers, why traditional financing is a misfit for fashion, and an interview with the CEO of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group.
Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia – Update
Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group has shipped the first trouser exports from its new manufacturing site in Ethiopia, completing a test order for fast fashion giant H&M.
Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track – interview
Exactly 12 months into his role as chief executive of Israel-based tailored clothing manufacturer Bagir Group, and Eran Itzhak is in a buoyant mood. The business is debt-free for the first time in nearly a decade, has refocused its manufacturing base on Ethiopia, Egypt and Vietnam, and is fighting back with new products and a return to innovation.
Why traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
Slow and cumbersome traditional financing does not fit the needs of dynamic, small-and-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in today's fast fashion-driven garment industry.
Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
Rick Medlin, president and CEO of apparel maker Fruit of the Loom Inc, passed away suddenly at the weekend, after suffering what was thought to be a heart attack.
Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
The world's leading sportswear brands and manufacturers are struggling to equip their factories with the robotic and cyber physical systems (CPS) element of Industry 4.0 processes, at least in the near term, a major international conference has heard.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack