CHINA: Top Textile Enterprises Enjoy Profit Growth
Figures from the State Economic and Trade Commission showed that growth stopped an 11.1 per cent fall in the January to July period, with the enterprises generating 38.5 billion yuan in output value, up eight per cent.
Exports produced by the 45 enterprises climbed 8.5 per cent year-on-year to 8.19 billion yuan, while 35 of the businesses posted a combined profit of 1.74 billion yuan, 10 remained in the red with combined losses of 350 million yuan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar