CHINA: Top Textile Firms Enjoy H1 Profit Lift
Figures showed the companies enjoyed a combined turnover of 36.2 billion yuan (US$4.3bn) in the six month period – up 16 per cent from last year – with exports up 14 per cent to 6.1bn yuan.
State officials said 36 of those firms posted a profit while the remaining nine suffered a combined loss of 210 million yuan ($25m), 10 per cent less than last year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report