Taiwan: Top Three Dyeing & Finishing Firms Have Poor Q3
Nan Yang Dyeing & Finishing Co Ltd, Evertex Dyeing & Finishing Co Ltd, and Chyang Sheng Dyeing & Finishing Co Ltd., the top three local dyeing and finishing companies, all had revenues for the first three quarters lower than the same period of last year, the Taiwan Economic News reported today.The companies are all listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange. Nan Yang reaped NT$47.12m in revenue last month, edging up by 2.18 per cent from the NT$46.11m posted in September 1999. The company's cumulative revenue of NT$446m for the first three quarters of this year slipped by 5.86 per cent from the NT$474m registered in the same nine months of last year.Evertex, due to unsatisfactory business operation performance, adjusted down its target revenue for this year by 18.5 per cent from NT$1.062bn to NT$865m and pretax profit by 87.25 per cent from NT$102m to NT$13m. The company raked in revenue of NT$64.39m last month, dipping by 9.5 per cent from NT$71.21m. The company's three-quarter revenue stood at NT$630m, declining by 13.6 per cent from NT$730m and attaining 72.83 per cent of the already lowered goal for this year.With revenue of NT$153m last month falling by 1.2 per cent from the NT$155m recorded a year earlier, Chyang Sheng brought in NT$1.314bn in three-quarter revenue, a minor drop of 0.2 per cent from the NT$1.317bn posted in the same period of last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar