CANADA: Topshop and Topman open flagship
Topshop and Topman are set to enter Canada tomorrow (5 October) through a partnership with local operator The Bay.
The store is the retailer's flagship in the country, and will be based at The Bay in the Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto. The retailer said that the design will evoke the spirit of its London Oxford Street store and will cover 15,000 square feet across two floors.
"I am delighted to be launching the Topshop and Topman brands in Canada, and know that having chosen Bonnie and her team to be our partners, we have exciting times ahead," said Arcadia owner sir Philip Green.
"The Yorkdale store is a fantastic space and represents another step in our continued international growth, and I am confident that The Bay's customers will enjoy the retail experience and product."
The Bay president and CEO Bonnie Brooks said she looks forward to "rolling out more flagships across Canada in the near future."
Clothing retailers in Europe, Australia and Canada have been accused of selling knitwear made in "prison-like conditions" by workers in Bangladesh who are paid as little as $0.16 an hour, a report cla...
Rising costs and pressure on margins will force women's wear retailers to rethink their pricing and sourcing strategies this year, according to new research, with British manufacturing poised to make ...
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide