CANADA: Topshop and Topman open flagship
Topshop and Topman are set to enter Canada tomorrow (5 October) through a partnership with local operator The Bay.
The store is the retailer's flagship in the country, and will be based at The Bay in the Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto. The retailer said that the design will evoke the spirit of its London Oxford Street store and will cover 15,000 square feet across two floors.
"I am delighted to be launching the Topshop and Topman brands in Canada, and know that having chosen Bonnie and her team to be our partners, we have exciting times ahead," said Arcadia owner sir Philip Green.
"The Yorkdale store is a fantastic space and represents another step in our continued international growth, and I am confident that The Bay's customers will enjoy the retail experience and product."
The Bay president and CEO Bonnie Brooks said she looks forward to "rolling out more flagships across Canada in the near future."
Clothing retailers in Europe, Australia and Canada have been accused of selling knitwear made in "prison-like conditions" by workers in Bangladesh who are paid as little as $0.16 an hour, a report cla...
Rising costs and pressure on margins will force women's wear retailers to rethink their pricing and sourcing strategies this year, according to new research, with British manufacturing poised to make ...
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports....
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects