CANADA: Topshop and Topman open flagship
Topshop and Topman are set to enter Canada tomorrow (5 October) through a partnership with local operator The Bay.
The store is the retailer's flagship in the country, and will be based at The Bay in the Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto. The retailer said that the design will evoke the spirit of its London Oxford Street store and will cover 15,000 square feet across two floors.
"I am delighted to be launching the Topshop and Topman brands in Canada, and know that having chosen Bonnie and her team to be our partners, we have exciting times ahead," said Arcadia owner sir Philip Green.
"The Yorkdale store is a fantastic space and represents another step in our continued international growth, and I am confident that The Bay's customers will enjoy the retail experience and product."
The Bay president and CEO Bonnie Brooks said she looks forward to "rolling out more flagships across Canada in the near future."
Clothing retailers in Europe, Australia and Canada have been accused of selling knitwear made in "prison-like conditions" by workers in Bangladesh who are paid as little as $0.16 an hour, a report cla...
Rising costs and pressure on margins will force women's wear retailers to rethink their pricing and sourcing strategies this year, according to new research, with British manufacturing poised to make ...
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)