CANADA: Topshop and Topman open flagship
Topshop and Topman are set to enter Canada tomorrow (5 October) through a partnership with local operator The Bay.
The store is the retailer's flagship in the country, and will be based at The Bay in the Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto. The retailer said that the design will evoke the spirit of its London Oxford Street store and will cover 15,000 square feet across two floors.
"I am delighted to be launching the Topshop and Topman brands in Canada, and know that having chosen Bonnie and her team to be our partners, we have exciting times ahead," said Arcadia owner sir Philip Green.
"The Yorkdale store is a fantastic space and represents another step in our continued international growth, and I am confident that The Bay's customers will enjoy the retail experience and product."
The Bay president and CEO Bonnie Brooks said she looks forward to "rolling out more flagships across Canada in the near future."
Clothing retailers in Europe, Australia and Canada have been accused of selling knitwear made in "prison-like conditions" by workers in Bangladesh who are paid as little as $0.16 an hour, a report cla...
Rising costs and pressure on margins will force women's wear retailers to rethink their pricing and sourcing strategies this year, according to new research, with British manufacturing poised to make ...
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports....
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Adidas unveils “game-changing” recycling project
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields