UK: Topshop boss sells 25% stake to J Crew backer
Green said the funds will remain in the Arcadia Group, enabling it to continue to drive all of its businesses.
"Being debt free gives us the balance sheet and flexibility to look at other opportunities to consolidate or acquire, either on our own or in partnership with LGP, who have substantial capital available in their new fund," said Green.
LGP's experienced management teams and knowledge of retail in the US will greatly assist Topshop/Topman with their global expansion, added Green. He said that with LGP, the plan will be to step up its international investment programme as relevant locations present themselves around the world.
Arcadia has been working to expand the brand internationally, with market entries in the US, Brazil, Canada and Australia in recent years.
LGP is a co-owner of US retailer J Crew, which is set to enter the UK market next year.
Topshop and Topman parent company Arcadia saw its full-year pre-tax underlying profit rise 25% to GBP166.9m. Total sales were predominantly flat, but underlying UK retail like-for-like sales fell 3.2% and total like-for-like sales were down 0.7%.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Delia's, which sells clothing for teenage girls and young women, has appointed former Gap executive Tracy Gardner to the newly-created role of chief creative officer....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Arnold Cohen to the post of executive vice president and chief marketing officer....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024