JAPAN: Topshop eyes 15 store openings
Attracted by fast fashion's increasing dominance in Japan’s retail sector, Toshop has announced plans for a major new tranche of openings around the country.
In a joint venture that includes the surprise addition of Mori Building the company said it is targeting sales of up to JPY15bn (US$166m) annually in Japan.
"We are very happy to announce development plans in Japan with a franchise agreement with Ts Co of another 15 stores across Topshop and Topman which are planned over the next two to three years," Topshop spokesperson Gina Digregoro told just-style.
This month a new Topshop will open in Yokohama, followed by Sapporo in April and then a new flagship in Shinjuku and Osaka next year. Plans are also already underway for Topshops in Nagoya and Fukuoka.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
News that the UK's new coalition government is turning to a top clothing executive to advise on its spending review speaks volumes for both Sir Philip Green and the clothing industry. ...
UK high street retailer Topshop is to launch a series of new collections and collaborations in the year ahead, having ended its regular tie-up with supermodel Kate Moss recently....
Arcadia-owned men's fashion retailer Topman is to open two new stores in Israel, according to local media reports....
Fashion label Goodone has sold its Autumn/Winter 2010 collection to high street fashion retailer Topshop. ...
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts