UK: Topshop to launch eco-fashion collection
High street fashion chain Topshop will launch a line of clothing made from surplus stock and production off-cuts through a collaboration with Reclaim To Wear.
The capsule collection, which will launch next month, includes a blouse, stripe and colour block panel maxi dress, and grey marl sweater.
"This is the first step towards the creation of zero waste design collections," said Reclaim To Wear creative director Orsola de Castro. "I trust that the Topshop team's commitment to new sustainable solutions will lead to the reconsidering of consumption versus disposal throughout the whole fashion industry supply chain."
The collection will be available from 15 June in Topshop's Oxford Circus store in London and online.
Reclaim To Wear was launched in 1997 by From Somewhere, the eco fashion label set up by Castro and managing director Filippo Ricci to offer a design solution to the problem of textile waste.
Castro and Ricci are also founders and curators of Estethica, The British Fashion Council eco-sustainable initiative at London Fashion Week.
While the focus on emerging markets for the big international clothing companies has traditionally been to view them as outsourcing opportunities, there are a lot of people with a lot of money in thes...
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said la...
Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green is reportedly ramping up the retailer's use of British manufacturers. ...
British clothing brand Karen Millen has appointed Becky Bateman as retail director for the UK and Ireland and Pilar LaCave as retail director for Europe....
Fast Retailing plans to enter Australia through its Uniqlo brand by the end of August next year. ...
UK fashion retailer Topshop is teaming up with Facebook so that customers can view, customise and order selected looks from its spring/summer catwalk shows three months ahead of standard industry lead...
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - Destination Maternity, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras