UK: Topshop to launch eco-fashion collection
High street fashion chain Topshop will launch a line of clothing made from surplus stock and production off-cuts through a collaboration with Reclaim To Wear.
The capsule collection, which will launch next month, includes a blouse, stripe and colour block panel maxi dress, and grey marl sweater.
"This is the first step towards the creation of zero waste design collections," said Reclaim To Wear creative director Orsola de Castro. "I trust that the Topshop team's commitment to new sustainable solutions will lead to the reconsidering of consumption versus disposal throughout the whole fashion industry supply chain."
The collection will be available from 15 June in Topshop's Oxford Circus store in London and online.
Reclaim To Wear was launched in 1997 by From Somewhere, the eco fashion label set up by Castro and managing director Filippo Ricci to offer a design solution to the problem of textile waste.
Castro and Ricci are also founders and curators of Estethica, The British Fashion Council eco-sustainable initiative at London Fashion Week.
While the focus on emerging markets for the big international clothing companies has traditionally been to view them as outsourcing opportunities, there are a lot of people with a lot of money in thes...
A recent focus by retailers on growing their footprints through e-commerce and new stores has come at the expense of product, J Crew CEO Mickey Drexler and Arcadia Group owner Sir Philip Green said la...
Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green is reportedly ramping up the retailer's use of British manufacturers. ...
British clothing brand Karen Millen has appointed Becky Bateman as retail director for the UK and Ireland and Pilar LaCave as retail director for Europe....
Fast Retailing plans to enter Australia through its Uniqlo brand by the end of August next year. ...
UK fashion retailer Topshop is teaming up with Facebook so that customers can view, customise and order selected looks from its spring/summer catwalk shows three months ahead of standard industry lead...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy