UK: Topshop to offer fast-fashion catwalk customisation
UK fashion retailer Topshop is teaming up with Facebook so that customers can view, customise and order selected looks from its spring/summer catwalk shows three months ahead of standard industry lead times.
The innovative 'Shoot the Show' technology will let users take pictures of selected key looks from the Topshop Unique spring/summer 2013 collection at London Fashion Week using a camera button placed on the corner of the livestream and on demand version.
They can then change the colour and place an order the moment the designs hit the runway.
Everything from the music to the clothes to the beauty can be purchased and shared across every platform, channel and device.
"The show experience offered via topshop.com to this global audience is genuinely something new, giving them a view from our very own front row, and enabling them to access and customise some of our key trends in clothing and beauty quicker than ever before," explained Sir Phillip Green, owner of Topshop's parent company Arcadia.
Burma's garment industry has huge potential to contribute to national economic growth, both as a foreign exchange earner and a massive job provider. However, in order to achieve its full potential, th...
Fashion retail group Arcadia is reportedly planning to open its first Topshop stores in Germany. ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019