UK: Topshop to offer fast-fashion catwalk customisation
UK fashion retailer Topshop is teaming up with Facebook so that customers can view, customise and order selected looks from its spring/summer catwalk shows three months ahead of standard industry lead times.
The innovative 'Shoot the Show' technology will let users take pictures of selected key looks from the Topshop Unique spring/summer 2013 collection at London Fashion Week using a camera button placed on the corner of the livestream and on demand version.
They can then change the colour and place an order the moment the designs hit the runway.
Everything from the music to the clothes to the beauty can be purchased and shared across every platform, channel and device.
"The show experience offered via topshop.com to this global audience is genuinely something new, giving them a view from our very own front row, and enabling them to access and customise some of our key trends in clothing and beauty quicker than ever before," explained Sir Phillip Green, owner of Topshop's parent company Arcadia.
Burma's garment industry has huge potential to contribute to national economic growth, both as a foreign exchange earner and a massive job provider. However, in order to achieve its full potential, th...
Fashion retail group Arcadia is reportedly planning to open its first Topshop stores in Germany. ...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020