IRELAND: Topshop to shrink presence - reports
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports.
The retailer is set to curtail leases in small market towns in favour of more central areas, the Irish Independent reported. It will not to renew three upcoming leases due to expire over the next three years, the paper claims.
In late November, the clothing retailer revealed plans to close some 250 stores over the next few years as their leases expire. The announcement came as it recorded a 37.6% drop in profit for the year ended 27 August.
A successful fashion retail strategy is now often a race against the clock, as consumers' appetites for a revolving door of apparel trends continues to grow in the era of 'fast fashion'....
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
Global retail giant Uniqlo has become the latest company to agree to phase out the use of wool from sheep that have been mulesed....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation