IRELAND: Topshop to shrink presence - reports
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports.
The retailer is set to curtail leases in small market towns in favour of more central areas, the Irish Independent reported. It will not to renew three upcoming leases due to expire over the next three years, the paper claims.
In late November, the clothing retailer revealed plans to close some 250 stores over the next few years as their leases expire. The announcement came as it recorded a 37.6% drop in profit for the year ended 27 August.
A successful fashion retail strategy is now often a race against the clock, as consumers' appetites for a revolving door of apparel trends continues to grow in the era of 'fast fashion'....
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
Global retail giant Uniqlo has become the latest company to agree to phase out the use of wool from sheep that have been mulesed....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey