IRELAND: Topshop to shrink presence - reports
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports.
The retailer is set to curtail leases in small market towns in favour of more central areas, the Irish Independent reported. It will not to renew three upcoming leases due to expire over the next three years, the paper claims.
In late November, the clothing retailer revealed plans to close some 250 stores over the next few years as their leases expire. The announcement came as it recorded a 37.6% drop in profit for the year ended 27 August.
A successful fashion retail strategy is now often a race against the clock, as consumers' appetites for a revolving door of apparel trends continues to grow in the era of 'fast fashion'....
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
Global retail giant Uniqlo has become the latest company to agree to phase out the use of wool from sheep that have been mulesed....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies