IRELAND: Topshop to shrink presence - reports
Topshop is set to shutter some Irish stores as their leases expire, according to reports.
The retailer is set to curtail leases in small market towns in favour of more central areas, the Irish Independent reported. It will not to renew three upcoming leases due to expire over the next three years, the paper claims.
In late November, the clothing retailer revealed plans to close some 250 stores over the next few years as their leases expire. The announcement came as it recorded a 37.6% drop in profit for the year ended 27 August.
A successful fashion retail strategy is now often a race against the clock, as consumers' appetites for a revolving door of apparel trends continues to grow in the era of 'fast fashion'....
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
UK retail group Arcadia Group has confirmed to just-style that it will open its first Topshop and Topman pop-up shop in South Africa this week....
Global retail giant Uniqlo has become the latest company to agree to phase out the use of wool from sheep that have been mulesed....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape