JAPAN: Toray invests in China unit
Synthetic fibre maker Toray has announced further investments in its already burgeoning Chinese market.
Toray China Investment, the Chinese arm of the Japan's number one textile giant, says it will begin deepening cooperation with Chinese companies, to promote the expansion of business in China.
Sales too are being given the push in Toray's China garment business, which was given its global start last year.
The production of Toray's machine-washable sweaters made famous by Uniqlo woven with shrink-proof wool yarn will be stepped up and the sweaters will also be sold in China.
The final stages of production of these sweaters take place in China. Toray will expand its network of factories doing so in order to fulfill demand.
By Michael Fitzpatrick.
Retail chain Uniqlo is to open its first store in Russia next month with an outlet in Moscow's Atrium shopping centre....
Fast Retailing, the operator of the Uniqlo retail chain, has unveiled a new strategy to create strong sub-brands based on product categories. ...
Same store sales in Uniqlo's Japanese retail outlets rose 1.8% in February, boosted by the successful launch of spring items....
Backed by Japan's largest textile companies, ITS international has opened its first fast fashion store in Tokyo, bringing some serious competition to the likes of Uniqlo and H&M. ...
Value fashion retailer Uniqlo has unveiled a new spring jeans campaign focusing on its UJ range....
Fast Retailing is to invest US$11bn (JPY1trillion) on global mergers and acquisitions (M&As), says its president Tadashi Yanai....
Leading garment manufacturer TAL Group has rolled out a latest version of the Lawson enterprise software system....
January sales in the Japanese stores of value fashion retailer Uniqlo were impacted by smaller winter inventories, the company said today (2 February)....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth