US: Total Apparel Group in Kappa licensing deal
Apparel and footwear distributor Total Apparel Group Inc (TAG) has secured the master licensing rights for the Kappa and Robe Di Kappa brands in the US and Canada.
The multi-year agreement signed with the brands' parent company, Turin, Italy-based BasicNet Group SpA, includes men's, women's and children's footwear, apparel, accessories and related sports equipment.
The Kappa brand already has annual sales of $3.0m, mostly from the Canadian market.
But TAG believes it can increase sales "substantially" through a "slight repositioning of the Kappa brand in the US and the introduction of the Robe Di Kappa brand in both markets."
"We will seek to leverage the existing distribution network forged through our role as the official master distributor of FIFA and FIFA World Cup licensed apparel and accessories in the US," TAG CEO Janon Costley explained.
A wholly-owned subsidiary, Kappa North America, has been set up to manage the two Italian brands.
Apparel brand distributor Total Apparel Group has secured a line of credit through Hartsko Financial Services that will assist the company in financing purchase orders for Active Apparel and Kappa Nor...
First-half profit at Belle International Holdings Ltd, China's largest retailer of women's footwear, has jumped 14.9% on higher sales....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack