US: TPG and Apax in running to acquire Cole Haan?
Private-equity firms TPG Capital and Apax Partners are reportedly among several parties in the running to buy Nike-owned footwear brand Cole Haan.
The auction process is in the second round, with Cole Haan likely to sell for around US$500m, Reuters reported, citing unnamed sources.
At the end of May, Nike revealed it was seeking to divest its Cole Haan and Umbro brands as part of a strategy to focus on growing the Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley brands.
At the time, Nike president and CEO Mark Parker said the move would allow it to "focus our resources on the highest-potential opportunities for Nike Inc to continue to drive sustainable, profitable growth for our shareholders."
It expects the moves to be complete by the end of Nike's 2013 fiscal year.
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports has confirmed to just-style that Tom Knight, who led the development of its sports performance fascia, has left the business....
Sportswear giant Nike has completed the sale of footwear brand Cole Haan to private equity firm Apax Partners, after the US$570m deal was revealed in November....
Gene McCarthy, senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, is to leave the performance apparel and footwear specialist next month....
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Sportswear giant Nike is investigating claims that one of its supplier factories in Indonesia is allegedly paying military personnel to intimidate employees into working for less than the minimum wage...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
International apparel retailers are looking to strengthen their presence in lower-tier cities in China amid increasing competition, a report by the Li & Fung Research Centre has found....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory