AUSTRALIA: TPG Capital in renewed bid for Billabong
Billabong has received a second offer from private equity firm TPG Capital at a much lower price than previously offered for the Australian surfwear brand.
The private equity firm today (24 July) made an AU$1.45 per share bid, down significantly on the AU$3.30 per share offered earlier this year.
The bid is valued at AU$694m, and Billabong said TPG's offer is based solely on publicly available information, but may be refined with the benefit of due diligence.
The offer also depends on the surfwear company retaining its existing ownership position and its net debt position not being materially different from the AU$100m guidance provided on 21 June.
At the end of June, Billabong announced another profit warning and said it would raise some AU$225m by selling shares at a discounted price.
It said the proceeds of the offer would be used to pay off debt and reduce overall leverage.
The surfwear company also cut its full-year earnings forecast to a range of $130-135m, down from an earlier guidance of $157m.
The firm's share price rose on the back of the renewed offer, closing 21 cents higher today.
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at how sourcing is going to be in 2013, a spotlight on why buyer interest in Billabong has not yet turned into a deal, and M&S extending it...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore P...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed Peter Myers as group chief financial officer, replacing Craig White who resigned last month....
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has opened its books to a consortium comprising the company's former head of its Americas business. ...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong today (19 December) confirmed details of a AUD524m buyout bid - but shares fell 13.3% after the company issued another profit warning....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change