AUSTRALIA: TPG Capital renews Billabong bid after Nixon deal
TPG Capital has made a revised bid for Billabong after the Australian surfwear brand sold part of its stake in accessories brand Nixon.
Billabong today (20 February) said its board plans to consider TPG Capital's second bid of A$3 per share, worth A$765.3m (US$824.6m), for the surfwear label.
The private-equity firm bid A$3 per share last week, which precluded asset sales. The bid was effectively rejected when Billabong said it had decided to sell a majority stake in Nixon to Trilantic Capital Partners on Friday.
The new offer does not preclude the company from undertaking the Nixon transaction, but is non-binding, and remains subject to due diligence, finance and conditional on a number of other matters.
Billabong's board said it will consider the proposal and advise shareholders of its views in due course.
The company announced on Friday that first-half net profit was down 71.8% to A$16.1m, despite sales increasing 1.5% to $847.2m.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include the prospects for India's texile and clothing industry, a look at footwear in Malaysia and SWOT analyses on Billabong and Gap Inc....
Billabong has agreed to open its books to private equity firm TPG Capital, but said it does not believe the AU$694m bid reflects the "fundamental value" of the Australian surfwear brand. ...
Billabong has received a second offer from private equity firm TPG Capital at a much lower price than previously offered for the Australian surfwear brand. ...
Sporting goods giant Nike is rumoured to be a potential buyer of Australian surfwear brand Billabong....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies