VIETNAM: Trade Barriers, Quota Shortages Hit Industry
The Vietnamese Ministry of Trade has revealed that some of this year's quotas for products exported to the EU have nearly been used up. According to officials, by 22 February around 62.9 per cent of the quota for T-shirts and polo shirts had been filled, while for trousers it is as high as 73.5 per cent. By mid-March the shipment of shirts had also reached around half the volume allowed to the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands