THAILAND: Trade fairs to show regional fashion skills
More than 1,000 exhibitors are set to showcase the potential of the ASEAN fashion industry in April at the annual Bangkok International Fashion Fair and Bangkok International Leather Fair (BIFF & BIL 2010).
Taking the theme 'Look East,' the regional sourcing and networking platform will bring together the best fashions and accessories of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region.
As well as Thailand, the ten ASEAN member states include Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore Vietnam and Cambodia.
The event features clothing, textiles, leather, fashion accessories, textile equipment and machinery, software and services.
There will also be seminars and conferences, 48 fashion shows, an ASEAN Design Congress, and a Thailand Designer Contest, the organisers say.
BIFF & BIL 2010 is scheduled for 1-4 April 2010.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"