US: TradeCard expands with VP of sales in Europe
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, has hired Frank Bakker as VP of sales for Europe.
The European market is a key strategic growth path for TradeCard, explains CEO Kurt Cavano, adding that "Frank will play a key role in our success."
Bakker, who is based in France, has more than 20 years of supply chain expertise. He previously served in strategic business development roles at i2 Technologies, Ariba and Richter Systems where he worked with clients such as Adidas, Ahold and Tesco to enable demand-driven supply chain strategies.
TradeCard delivers supply chain collaboration in the cloud, combining sourcing, logistics and finance on a single platform that enables supply networks to connect and transact while eliminating upfront investments in hardware and software.
"Retailers and brands today require better flexibility and transparency to meet customer demand," said Joseph Rodgers, senior vice president of sales at TradeCard.
He adds that Bakker's "deep experience working with retailers, consumer goods and fashion companies will enable TradeCard to deliver agility and visibility to European supply chains to help them be more demand driven."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Tesco UK director Richard Brasher will leave the business later this year, having only taken on leadership of the supermarket group's UK arm 12 months ago. In a move that signals the emphasis that Tes...
At the same time as Tesco revealed falling clothing sales over the Christmas period, the UK's largest supermarket retailer also signalled a shift away from expanding its hypermarket presence and a ren...
Top stories on just-style this week included the effects of economic santions on Turkey's apparel industry, H&M plans to launch a new brand following first-quarter profit and the latest news from this...
Supply chain collaboration platform TradeCard yesterday (29 March) announced a partnership with PLM supplier Technia to extend its trade platform in Europe. ...
Supermarket retailer Tesco has dropped its limited edition F&F Couture clothing range. ...
Rising costs and pressure on margins will force women's wear retailers to rethink their pricing and sourcing strategies this year, according to new research, with British manufacturing poised to make ...
Richard Brasher, the head of Tesco's operations in the UK, has decided to leave the business, it emerged today (15 March)....
Netherlands-based women's wear retailer Ms Mode has deployed TradeCard's collaboration and trade platform to help eliminate costs and improve efficiencies in its global supply chain....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras