US: TradeCard expands with VP of sales in Europe
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, has hired Frank Bakker as VP of sales for Europe.
The European market is a key strategic growth path for TradeCard, explains CEO Kurt Cavano, adding that "Frank will play a key role in our success."
Bakker, who is based in France, has more than 20 years of supply chain expertise. He previously served in strategic business development roles at i2 Technologies, Ariba and Richter Systems where he worked with clients such as Adidas, Ahold and Tesco to enable demand-driven supply chain strategies.
TradeCard delivers supply chain collaboration in the cloud, combining sourcing, logistics and finance on a single platform that enables supply networks to connect and transact while eliminating upfront investments in hardware and software.
"Retailers and brands today require better flexibility and transparency to meet customer demand," said Joseph Rodgers, senior vice president of sales at TradeCard.
He adds that Bakker's "deep experience working with retailers, consumer goods and fashion companies will enable TradeCard to deliver agility and visibility to European supply chains to help them be more demand driven."
Tesco UK director Richard Brasher will leave the business later this year, having only taken on leadership of the supermarket group's UK arm 12 months ago. In a move that signals the emphasis that Tes...
At the same time as Tesco revealed falling clothing sales over the Christmas period, the UK's largest supermarket retailer also signalled a shift away from expanding its hypermarket presence and a ren...
Top stories on just-style this week included the effects of economic santions on Turkey's apparel industry, H&M plans to launch a new brand following first-quarter profit and the latest news from this...
Supply chain collaboration platform TradeCard yesterday (29 March) announced a partnership with PLM supplier Technia to extend its trade platform in Europe. ...
Supermarket retailer Tesco has dropped its limited edition F&F Couture clothing range. ...
Rising costs and pressure on margins will force women's wear retailers to rethink their pricing and sourcing strategies this year, according to new research, with British manufacturing poised to make ...
Richard Brasher, the head of Tesco's operations in the UK, has decided to leave the business, it emerged today (15 March)....
Netherlands-based women's wear retailer Ms Mode has deployed TradeCard's collaboration and trade platform to help eliminate costs and improve efficiencies in its global supply chain....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide