US: TradeCard partners with Technia
Supply chain collaboration platform TradeCard yesterday (29 March) announced a partnership with PLM supplier Technia to extend its trade platform in Europe.
Under the partnership, TradeCard said it will "better serve" trading partners in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
"Strategic partnerships are essential to our growth strategy for the European region," said Greg Morrison, vice president of business and solutions development at TradeCard.
TradeCard said it continues to invest "heavily" in Europe to extend its growing presence in the region. It added that the company's headcount in Europe quadrupled in 2011 and is projected to double in 2012.
Technica CEO Jonas Gejer said: "TradeCard's suite of supply chain products, spanning planning, ordering, production, shipment building, settlement and delivery, offers Technia a significant opportunity to deliver new supply chain solutions and services on a global scale."
Instead of focusing on product costs as a way of offsetting the pressures faced in both retail and sourcing markets, the apparel supply chain should look instead at optimising processes, boosting coll...
The likelihood of a resurgence in near-sourcing is "certainly possible" as the apparel industry starts to think more holistically about its supply chain, delegates at this year's IAF World Apparel Con...
The rise of the fast fashion retail model that keeps consumer interest by feeding through fresh merchandise more frequently is out of kilter with the industry's increasing focus on sustainability issu...
Luxury fashion firm Ports 1961 is to implement the full product lifecycle management (PLM) system from Centric Software to help manage its apparel collections and support future growth....
New York-based upscale women's wear and accessories brand Proenza Schouler has selected Centric PLM software to help provide a flexible system to support its future growth....
Supply chain trade platform provider TradeCard is set to open its West coast hub in San Francisco on 23 September, with 30 employees to join the new office by the end of 2012....
The Centric 8 product lifecycle management (PLM) system for the apparel and footwear markets should be easier and faster to deploy thanks to a new way of implementing the technology developed by Centr...
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis