US: TradeStone extends PLM with Creative Design tool
TradeStone Software has released a new Creative Design module that further extends and strengthens its PLM capabilities.
Currently being implemented at more than a dozen department store and apparel brand companies, the module is said to help shorten design and development times, improve product quality and colour consistency and reduce material and product costs.
For existing users of TradeStone's solutions, it will provide a single tool to manage the merchandise lifecycle from designer inspiration through to delivery.
Using one solution for managing colour, component/material and artwork libraries, defining colour palettes, specifying product construction details, tracking samples and building technical specifications, helps retailers develop quality merchandise, reduce cycle times and improve margins.
"Our customers have been pushing us to augment our existing PLM capabilities so that they can speed time to market with a simplified approach and single system for creative design that extends into product development, sourcing, order management and delivery," said Ann Diamante, chief product officer, TradeStone Software.
"Developing new merchandise is a very visual and collaborative process so we were conscious it required a solution that not only supports creativity but makes the whole process of producing a Tech Pack more efficient."
Lectra is poised to launch a new version of its fashion-specific product lifecycle management solution, Lectra Fashion PLM V2R2, early next month....
Western Glove Works, the Canadian-based denim wear manufacturer, has invested in a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to reduce product development time and manage its growing product line....
3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) specialist Dassault Systèmes has hired IT industry analyst Peter Bambridge to drive the next phase of its industry growth....
Gerber Technology has unveiled the latest version of its YuniquePLM software featuring line planning, management visibility, and user productivity tools among its enhancements....
Private label manufacturer Ivory International has implemented software from New Generation Computing (NGC) that streamlines complex testing processes, making it easier to meet the stringent requireme...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020