US: Tradestone launches showroom software for mobiles
Tradestone Software has launched a new mobile solution and extended its Virtual Showroom tool into handheld PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) devices.
Its new PDA platform, called Tradestone Mobile, allows retailers to scan vendor showrooms and catalogues, request samples, and place pre-commitments and orders from their PDA and other mobile devices.
Retailers can also check the status of orders, update events and access/update data, using the Apple iPhone, Blackberry and Microsoft Windows Mobile 5 or 6.
The company, which provides private label and global sourcing solutions for the retail industry, including PLM, said the Virtual Showroom was the first of more updates to come.
Kamal Anand, chief technology officer of Tradestone Software, said: "With TradeStone Mobile, retail buyers can scan products and request samples in real-time, improving the speed and accuracy during the negotiation process and providing a faster product turnaround with fewer mistakes."
The mobile software allows buyers to log into the TradeStone website via their PDA browser, then enter the item number or use the scanner to scan the barcode label on samples, with product details, including images, displayed on the screen.
Tradestone Mobile will officially be launched at next week's National Retail Federation (NRF) 98th Annual Convention and Expo in New York City, from 12-13 January.
In just under a week's time the world's fourth largest trade fair venue will open its doors to IMB 2009. The last IMB event in 2006 welcomed some 25,000 visitors to view the latest in apparel and text...
Surfwear company Billabong has chosen NGC (New Generation Computing) to provide software solutions for its PLM and global sourcing activities....
Italian holding company Eldo Srl is hoping to speed the introduction of new clothing lines under its Freesoul denim fashion label by turning to Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to manage its design ...
Leading Chinese sporting goods provider Li Ning has invested in a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to help drive its corporate expansion and globalisation initiatives....
The latest release of Dassault Systèmes' Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform has been designed to connect apparel sourcing and production offices to brand and retail headquarters....
A new partnership agreed today (11 June) between Gerber Technology and Geometric Limited should enable fashion and apparel firms to integrate Gerber's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software suite...
European PLM vendor Discover e-Solutions Limited (DeSL) is extending its focus to the United States after appointing New York-based Bluewater Software as its North American representative....
Compliance and testing management are among the key features included in New Generation Computing's (NGC) latest PLM and global sourcing software....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack