HONG KONG: TradeTextile.com, an Entrade Marketplace, Moves Over $7.5 Million in Merchandise
TradeTextile.com, a business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce marketplace for the trading of textiles and garments, announced that over US $7.5 million worth of merchandise has been traded through its website since its inception in January. The initial focus of the new marketplace is the highly fragmented Chinese textile market, which is estimated to be a US $85 billion industry. Entrade Inc. (NYSE:ETA), with 25% ownership, provided the technology, capital and business development support for TradeTextile.com. To date, over 1,000 buyers and sellers have registered with TradeTextile.com. These users can determine the availability and pricing of 1,800 products, including yarns, fabrics, garments, raw materials, and chemicals. The site is displayed in both English and Chinese; additional languages are being developed. "The software developed by Entrade has created an opportunity to expand and improve the textile market, within Asia and beyond," said TradeTextile.com CEO Allan Cheung. "Historically, the high degree of fragmentation of buyers and sellers, the wide variety of products, and the difference in time zones and languages made transactions between buyers and sellers in the textile industry very complicated. TradeTextile.com is changing the way the textile industry does business by building an efficient and user-friendly marketplace." Representatives from TradeTextile.com are pursuing opportunities to increase the number of registered buyers and sellers, including exhibiting at Guangzhou Trade and Export Fair in April, Shanghai Garment Exhibition in May, and Fashion Week in Hong Kong this summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack