HONG KONG: TradeTextile.com, an Entrade Marketplace, Moves Over $7.5 Million in Merchandise
TradeTextile.com, a business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce marketplace for the trading of textiles and garments, announced that over US $7.5 million worth of merchandise has been traded through its website since its inception in January. The initial focus of the new marketplace is the highly fragmented Chinese textile market, which is estimated to be a US $85 billion industry. Entrade Inc. (NYSE:ETA), with 25% ownership, provided the technology, capital and business development support for TradeTextile.com. To date, over 1,000 buyers and sellers have registered with TradeTextile.com. These users can determine the availability and pricing of 1,800 products, including yarns, fabrics, garments, raw materials, and chemicals. The site is displayed in both English and Chinese; additional languages are being developed. "The software developed by Entrade has created an opportunity to expand and improve the textile market, within Asia and beyond," said TradeTextile.com CEO Allan Cheung. "Historically, the high degree of fragmentation of buyers and sellers, the wide variety of products, and the difference in time zones and languages made transactions between buyers and sellers in the textile industry very complicated. TradeTextile.com is changing the way the textile industry does business by building an efficient and user-friendly marketplace." Representatives from TradeTextile.com are pursuing opportunities to increase the number of registered buyers and sellers, including exhibiting at Guangzhou Trade and Export Fair in April, Shanghai Garment Exhibition in May, and Fashion Week in Hong Kong this summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022