UK: Training Organisations Launch Sector Skills Council
A new voice for the UK's textile, clothing and footwear sectors aims to increase skills and productivity within the industry. And it will have the resources and funding to make things happen. The new Sector Skills Council is being formed by the three former national training organisations. It will bring together employers, professional bodies, trade unions and government to work on developing the skills needed to give a vital boost to the industry and the UK economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth