NETHERLANDS: Tramontana takes Mexx buying role
Apparel retailer Mexx International has appointed Sabine Tramontana to a key buying and product development role with the company.
Tramontana joins Mexx as head of buying and technical product development for apparel, with effect from 1 June this year.
She will become a member of the company's Apparel Management Team, reporting to Jim Nowak, Mexx global product director.
Tramontana joins the company from Esprit in Germany, where she has spent 17 years and was most recently head of buying and technical design, women casual.
"With the addition of Sabine we continue to round out a world-class product management team for our Mexx Worldwide business," said Nowak.
"Sabine is a well-experienced buying and technical product development leader with an excellent taste level, a passion for quality and a high level of energy."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
French clothing retailer Verywear Group, which last month pulled out of a deal to buy ailing jeans maker Lee Cooper France, is to buy women's wear firm Astermod instead....
Lithuanian retail operator Apranga Group has agreed on distribution contract with French company Promod to develop its stores in three Baltic States....
Liz Claiborne has revealed a first quarter net loss of US72m compared to US91m in 2009....
Hong Kong-based clothing retailer Esprit has reported total revenue of HKD$26.7bn (US$3.4bn) for the first nine months of the year, down from $27.2m in the same period last year....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective