JAPAN: Trans-Global Merchandise adopts Lectra Fashion PLM
Japanese women's wear manufacturer and retailer Trans-Global Merchandise (TGM) is adopting Lectra Fashion PLM to help to improve product development workflow and communication.
The company, which targets the more mature customer, involves customers in the development of its collections.
But its multichannel growth presents significant challenges not only for development teams, but also for the rest of the organisation.
"If samples are not ready in time, we can't collect customer feedback to make production decisions," explains Mikiko Ota, production manager.
"Once we go to production, we face other challenges, notably shipment delays. I wanted to find the best solution to improve the situation."
TGM's goal is to streamline the development process by controlling the flow of work and deadlines, because delays and errors in design reverberate throughout the development chain, including quality and sales.
"By adopting Lectra Fashion PLM, we are protecting our company's DNA and ensuring its future through better organisation and a streamlined process that lets us share information to support good decision making," says TGM CEO Junko Ota.
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solutions have become powerful and numerous, allowing apparel companies to manage vast amounts of complex data under one umbrella, from finance, stock and m...
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the launch of Nike's new app to help designers focus on sustainability, mounting pressure for Gap and Walmart to join the safety accord, and a loo...
European fashion retailer Grupo Cortefiel is deploying the product lifecycle management (PLM) solution from Centric Software across all of its brands and product categories...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020