JAPAN: Trans-Global Merchandise adopts Lectra Fashion PLM
Japanese women's wear manufacturer and retailer Trans-Global Merchandise (TGM) is adopting Lectra Fashion PLM to help to improve product development workflow and communication.
The company, which targets the more mature customer, involves customers in the development of its collections.
But its multichannel growth presents significant challenges not only for development teams, but also for the rest of the organisation.
"If samples are not ready in time, we can't collect customer feedback to make production decisions," explains Mikiko Ota, production manager.
"Once we go to production, we face other challenges, notably shipment delays. I wanted to find the best solution to improve the situation."
TGM's goal is to streamline the development process by controlling the flow of work and deadlines, because delays and errors in design reverberate throughout the development chain, including quality and sales.
"By adopting Lectra Fashion PLM, we are protecting our company's DNA and ensuring its future through better organisation and a streamlined process that lets us share information to support good decision making," says TGM CEO Junko Ota.
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solutions have become powerful and numerous, allowing apparel companies to manage vast amounts of complex data under one umbrella, from finance, stock and m...
Faster time-to-market, better quality and lower cost are the drivers behind the latest developments unveiled at last week's Texprocess and Techtextil trade fairs in Frankfurt, Germany. Here, just-styl...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the launch of Nike's new app to help designers focus on sustainability, mounting pressure for Gap and Walmart to join the safety accord, and a loo...
European fashion retailer Grupo Cortefiel is deploying the product lifecycle management (PLM) solution from Centric Software across all of its brands and product categories...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015