USA: Trendwatch Introduces New Report On Textile And Apparel Market
Details of a new report intended to help technology firms shed light on the apparel and textile industry by identifying market segments, competitors, investment trends, and market opportunities, have been announced by TrendWatch."Fashion designers have similar needs to graphic arts designers, but the penetration of computers and design software has been slower. No-one has truly quantified it until now," said Alison Hardy, owner of FabriCAD, a consulting firm specializing in design technology for textile and apparel development and collaborator with TrendWatch for this report. According to Ms Hardy: "Current estimates are that less than 40 per cent of this industry is using computers for product design and development, so it's a huge market opportunity. We've seen some estimates as high as 650,000 textile and apparel designers worldwide. Finally, we'll have TrendWatch accuracy for sizing the US textile design marketplace." The new TrendWatch Textile & Apparel report, to be published annually, will help executives shed light on this industry and identify market segments, competitors, investment trends, and market opportunities. "While design professionals may use similar tools, each market has a unique structure, workflow, economic factors, and expectations about how those resources are best used" according to Dr Webb, TrendWatch Partner. The TrendWatch Textile & Apparel report provides comprehensive, detailed information by:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective