USA: Trendwatch Introduces New Report On Textile And Apparel Market
Details of a new report intended to help technology firms shed light on the apparel and textile industry by identifying market segments, competitors, investment trends, and market opportunities, have been announced by TrendWatch."Fashion designers have similar needs to graphic arts designers, but the penetration of computers and design software has been slower. No-one has truly quantified it until now," said Alison Hardy, owner of FabriCAD, a consulting firm specializing in design technology for textile and apparel development and collaborator with TrendWatch for this report. According to Ms Hardy: "Current estimates are that less than 40 per cent of this industry is using computers for product design and development, so it's a huge market opportunity. We've seen some estimates as high as 650,000 textile and apparel designers worldwide. Finally, we'll have TrendWatch accuracy for sizing the US textile design marketplace." The new TrendWatch Textile & Apparel report, to be published annually, will help executives shed light on this industry and identify market segments, competitors, investment trends, and market opportunities. "While design professionals may use similar tools, each market has a unique structure, workflow, economic factors, and expectations about how those resources are best used" according to Dr Webb, TrendWatch Partner. The TrendWatch Textile & Apparel report provides comprehensive, detailed information by:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"