UK: Trendy Men's E-Tail Site Expands Into Europe
A trendy British Internet shopping and lifestyle site for men has expanded into Sweden and the company says it now has its sights set on Germany and France. Bosses of Firebox.com, launched in May 1998 from the attic of a house in Cardiff, Wales, say they are delighted with the success of its first site outside the UK and they are now looking at conquering other European countries. Chief executive, Michael Smith, said: Sweden was chosen because the company has close connections with the country and it has one of the highest rates of Internet penetration in Europe. He said: "It is in its early stages of development, but we are already very happy with the results. It is receiving good publicity and we are very pleased with its progress." Firebox-com, aimed at men in their 20s, typically readers of magazines such as FHM and Maxim, sells a range of clothes, shoes, gadgets, toys, games, books, and computer games for the busy young executive about town. Now based in London, it has around 60,000 users a month, many of them girlfriends looking for the perfect gift for their man. Top selling products include a shot glass chess set, described as "the thinking man's drinking game", one of the first products the company launched and remote control cars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack