UK: Trimmings Triumph As Sequin Sales Soar
Decorated denim is the order of the day with designs using strip sequins sewn down the side seams of jeans now a feature of almost every famous branded range. The more entrepreneurial smaller producers such as Arrogant Cat take the sparkle concept a stage further, offering denim so encrusted with glitter dust as to render the basic cloth invisible.
And where the sparkle is worked into a pattern, most often a scenic representation of flora and fauna, simulation gemstones are used to emphasise the centres and stamens of flowers or the eyes of the animals.
Not to be outdone, T-shirt manufacturers are turning to the trimmings trade to give their summer 2002 ranges a topically different look. As well as making lavish use of metallic ink printing, top T-shirt manufacturers are now adding little lace cuffs to long sleeved T-shirts, buckles to the shoulder straps of tank tops and vests, and ribbon rosettes, some with trailing streamers, to feminine T-shirts of all types.
By Sonia Roberts.
It's not easy being green, but garment manufacturers are taking small steps towards offering eco-friendly apparel. Driven by consumer concerns about health and the environment, eco-friendly fabrics an...
European polyester producer AdvanSA has introduced Coolmax into the women's ready-to-wear market....
Fibre giant Invista has spun off its electro-textile arm after securing investor financing....
French fashion designer Christian Lacroix has confirmed that he will remain at the label with the same name, drawing to a close ongoing speculation that he would quit after the business was bought by ...
Roberto Menichetti, artistic director of the Celine fashion label, is stepping down from his position....
Branded clothing company Jones Apparel Group Inc said it saw a better-than-expected first quarter, primarily due to a good performance of its wholesale business....
Ladies' wear chain Camaieu SA said turnover rose 13.1 per cent to €93.4 million during the first quarter of 2005....
Tom Ford and Domenico De Sole, who left Gucci last year after drastically turning around its fortunes, have launched a new luxury brand under designer Tom Ford's name....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020