AUSTRALIA: Troubled Globe Cuts 35 Jobs - Paper
Troubled skatewear and footwear producer Globe International Ltd was on Thursday reported to have axed around three dozen staff at its Australian and US operations in response to sluggish market growth. The Melbourne-based company, which recently posted a 98 per cent plunge in first half net profit and saw its chairman and CEO resign, is believed to have cut 25 jobs in the US and a further 10 at its Australian HQ.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth