US: True Religion appoints women's sportswear designer
True Religion Apparel has announced the appointment of Caius Olowu as senior designer for its women's sportswear line.
He most recently served as senior women's wear designer for CMQ Japan, having previously freelanced as a senior men's wear designer for Island Co of Tokyo.
"Caius has a very clear understanding of the men's and women's segments of our market, from developing and designing core fits and finishes to commercially interpreting the latest fashion concepts into a brand's identity," said Michael Buckley, president of True Religion Apparel.
"We will continue to make selective, quality additions to our design staff in order to stay on the cutting edge of the high-fashion world."
True Religion Apparel, which designs, manufactures and markets clothing, has expanded its product line to 50 countries.
"We have been a fan of Caius' work for several years," said Jeff Lubell, chairman and chief executive officer. "He has a keen eye for detail, and his arrival will be a powerful addition to our expanding design team."
Workers at 17 textile and garment factories are due to go on strike after pay talks between a labour union and employers' association broke down earlier this month....
Levi Strauss & Co is planning a new strategy for its Dockers San Francisco casual clothing brand....
Driven by its consumer direct segment, True Religion Apparel has reported a 16.3% rise in net sales for its second quarter to US$35.7m....
True Religion Apparel has announced plans to open three new True Religion branded stores in Las Vegas....
Hugo Boss Group said that earnings for the first half of the financial year jumped 14% to EUR90m (US$123.23m), with Central and Eastern European markets making particularly strong sales contributions....
Garments and shoes figured predominantly among around 15,000 fake articles of leading brands symbolically shredded or crushed by steam roller in the port Nice recently by French Customs in the presen...
Sanjiv Singh has been named CEO of German men's wear brand Baeumler and will assume his new duties in the next few months....
Apparel manufacturer and retailer Levi Strauss has filed a lawsuit against market rival Polo Ralph Lauren for allegedly using pocket stitching that is confusingly similar to its own....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack