US: True Religion wins counterfeit cases
Jeans maker True Religion said it has recently won two court default judgments against unnamed individuals and businesses charged with importing and selling counterfeit True Religion Brand Jeans.
The orders from both cases total about US$1m after legal expenses. In one of the legal cases, True Religion worked together with Ben Sherman to pursue a claim against individuals and businesses charged with selling fakes of both brands.
"We actively enforce our zero tolerance policy on counterfeiting and will continue to protect our trademark whenever and wherever appropriate," said Jeffrey Lubell, chairman and CEO.
True Religion, through its wholly owned subsidiary Guru Denim, manufactures, markets, distributes and sells jeans in the US, Canada, the UK, Europe, Mexico, the Middle East and Japan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lifestyle brand True Religion posted higher third-quarter net income and sales, but said the latter missed its expectations because of warm weather effects....
True Religion Apparel said it has signed its first licensing deals for True Religion Brand Jeans-branded lifestyle products including footwear, headwear, scarves, and gloves....
Multi-brand apparel firm Sub-Urban Brands has signed a non-binding letter of intent to acquire premium fashion denim firm Reo Starr....
Denim brand True Religion Apparel has appointed ex-Levi designer Zihaad Wells to the newly created position of design director....
Lifestyle brand True Religion has appointed a new Latin American distributor to broaden its global reach and respond to continued international demand....
Lifestyle brand True Religion Apparel said it will take a 5%-per-share charge in the second quarter after it lost an arbitration case with The Indigo Group USA....
High-end denim company Blue Holdings has signed a deal to buy retailer Long Rap, which operates stores under the Up Against the Wall name....
Jeans specialist True Religion Apparel has appointed InGroup Licensing as the company's exclusive licensing agent, with immediate effect....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts