SOUTH AFRICA: Truworths Enjoys Solid H1 Profit, Sales Growth
Leading South African apparel chain Truworths International on Thursday posted a 35.7 per cent year-on-year jump in first half net profit to 180.8 million rand (US$22.5m) on the back of strong sales. The Johannesburg-based retailer said in a statement merchandise sales - including franchise sales - climbed 23.5 per cent year-on-year to 1.19 billion rand (US$115m) after a 17.6 per cent rise in the corresponding period of 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores