Truworths turns to PLM for international growth
South African fashion retailer Truworths has chosen to implement Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) platform to help structure its product development process and support international expansion.
The company, which has 747 stores in South Africa and eight other countries on the continent, will deploy Centric 8 across all of its brands and product types to help structure assortment planning and product development processes.
Truworths, whose brands include Inwear, LTD, Uzzi and Identity, also intends to use Centric's integrated mobile applications.
With a wide portfolio of brands and styles, the company adopts a fast fashion business model for a large portion of its product ranges, and ultimately aims to reduce time to market.
"PLM soon appeared as an obvious solution to improve our ability to deal with an increasingly complex business," explains a spokesperson for Truworths.
At the end of last year, Truworths added to its portfolio by acquiring UK footwear chain Office from Silverfleet Capital in a deal worth around for ZAR5.5bn (US$382m).
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: anti-pollen textiles; environmentally sustainable denim; environmentally sustainable fib...
Swiss running shoe company On Running has invested in a field testing mobile app to drive product innovation and performance....
Centric Software has unveiled the latest version of its Adobe Illustrator module in a move the company says has built a "comprehensive, cohesive link" between Centric product lifecycle management (PLM...
Business softwear supplier Infor is planning to ramp up its growth after securing a $2bn investment from private equity firm Koch Equity Development....
Superior Glove, a manufacturer and supplier of work and safety gloves, has selected an all-in-one business system to help drive improvements in productivity, transparency, decision-making and customer...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth